Dear Fellow Greenwood Surgery Patients
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE
Following a number of comments and articles in The Focus weekly circular regarding the new build surgery, the Greenwood Patients Participation Group (PPG) felt it appropriate to meet with the objective of compiling a list of questions to be asked of the NHS and the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) regarding the new build (as they are responsible for the development) in readiness for a public meeting in the town. Date TBC.
The questions take account of the location of the new build on the northernmost border of the town. We are asking how will the patients furthest away be served? Looking to the future, it looks very much as if the town will be expanding so we need to be sure that the new build surgery has adequate space to accommodate any influx. This is particularly important as rumour has it that the Health Clinic in the town centre will be closed. You will also see a number of questions about how the surgeries will be run.
If you have any questions other than those listed below can you send them to email@example.com
Here are the questions collected to date that are directly relevant to the new build surgery.
Greenwood Surgery PPG questions re new surgery:
- Planned date of opening?
- How long will move take?
- What contingency plans have been put in place during the move regarding medical services: Doubling up on scripts, medical records.?
- Who is equipping the surgery?
- Will all current medical services on offer by the three current surgeries be offered at the new surgery?
- Any new medical services?
- In sq footage terms (or metric equivalent) how does the new build compare to the current 3 (was 5) town surgeries, as all 3 are all bursting at the seams following the closure of two practices in SWF?
- What will happen to the “The Practice” and Clinic Premises?
- Will there be a medical facility in the town centre?
- What is the view of the existing pharmacists?
- Will Sainsbury’s (or whoever ends up running the site) have a pharmacist within the store.
- What will the new facility be called?
- Is it ‘3-into-1’ or will it be 3 separate practices?
- If 3 separate surgeries how many reception desks?.
- Can we see a clinician from another surgery for urgent cases?
- How will the phones be handled, and what number(s) will be used?
- Whose appointment booking protocols will be used?
- Will continuity of care/ability to seen a known clinician continue?
- Opening hours - will it be open weekends?
- Are the staff from each of the surgeries being redeployed?
- How is staff moral?
- How will staff be retained?
- Will locum doctors be used
- Has an agreement been reached with local bus companies regarding a bus services to the new surgery?
- How have plans progressed regarding a shuttle bus & will this be guaranteed?
- Will there be a pelican crossing from Hullbridge road across the very busy A132
- Who will chair the public CCG meeting and will the Principal Doctors be in attendance?
- What provision has been made for advertising the event?
Feel free to add any comments and please let us know if you want your comments published with your name attached or not.
- Ian Gillard Greenwood PPG Chair 18th November 2018
South Woodham Ferrers Health and Social Care Group
South Woodham Ferrers Health and Social Care Group is established to look after the health and social care interests of the people of SWF, recognising the roles of health and social care related professionals, volunteers and the Patient Participation Groups.
Please see the link to their site: https://swfhealthsocial.wixsite.com/2017
* * * * * * * *
Thank you to everyone that joined us for the Walk 4 Greenwood!
The total raised is just under £2000 but it is still rising. Well done to everyone!!
We are just compiling a list of equipment that we have purchased so far - thanks to everyone's donations.
If you would like to know more about the PPG or become a member of our Virtual PPG please contact the reception or Sian Turner - Tel: 01245 426898 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.